The research community needs to respond in a number of ways to
the enormous challenge posed by the rise of China and India. This
- New theoretical paradigms to explain the rise of the Asian
Driver economies and their impact on global systems
- Unravelling complementary and competitive, and direct and
- Undertaking primary research and to integrating this with
meso- and macro analyses
- Working in interdisciplinary frameworks.
Because of the complexity of this agenda, it is necessary to:
- Work with policy-makers to ensure the timely application of
- Work collaboratively in networks,
both within and across national borders
- Ensure that analyses of global trends are disseminated to
- Help in the building of research capabilities where
competences are uneven.